Many people have asked me about the air quality in their homes. Most of us assume that it is clean since we have filters on our heating and cooling systems. However, the filters on your HVAC system are not designed to improve your indoor air quality. Instead, the air filter is primarily designed to protect parts on your AC and furnace from excess wear and tear. The filter will keep dust and particulates from becoming embedded on your coil which can cause airflow restriction and freeze ups. The filter system is not designed to improve the quality of the air you breathe inside of your home rather it is designed to keep your unit running efficiently.
So where does that leave us with air quality? Well, here are a few fun facts about indoor air quality:
- Each of us inhales over 3500 gallons of air each day.
- Most of us spend 75-90% of our time indoors.
- The EPA estimates that indoor air pollution levels can be 100 times higher than the outdoors’.
- Polluted air causes over 94% of all respiratory ailments.
- Over 31 million Americans have asthma, children make up about a third.
- Dust mites are a very common household allergen and over 40,000 of them can be living in only one ounce of dust.
- From 10% – 15% of us can be allergic to dog or pet dander.
- We shed over 700,000 skin flakes daily.
OK, so those last points were especially gross. But please keep in mind, our indoor air quality is usually more polluted that the air outside. Mother Nature has a way of cleansing the air outside but not inside of our homes. And, we know that breathing polluted air puts our health at risk. In fact, the American College of Allergists says that 50% of illnesses are caused by or aggravated by polluted air. So, what can we do about it?
I recommend a Guardian Air REME+ whole house purification system that sends ionized advanced oxidizers throughout your entire house. This technology has been proven to destroy pollutants and in the air and on the surfaces in your home. The REME unit can be installed inside of your AC system and creates ionized hydro-peroxides and propels them into your ductwork where they are circulated through your entire house. There are over 1 million of these devices in use today. Recently, the Chinese government purchased thousands of these units to help fight Avian Flu. Some of the largest hospitals, restaurants, hotels, theme parks, public schools and cruise lines have installed this product as part of their Norovirus and MRSA protection plans.
The EPA has described indoor air quality as the #1 environmental health issue. It’s no wonder, given the poor quality of our indoor air coupled with the fact that we spend the bulk of our time indoors. So please consider improving the quality of your indoor air with the installation of a REME+ whole house purification system. It has achieved a 99% kill rate for the following:
- H1N1 (Swine Flu Virus)
- Avian influenza (Bird Flu)
- Norwalk Virus
- Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus (MRSA)
- Streptococcus sp (Strep)
- Clostridium difficile (C-Diff)
- Bacillius Globigii
- Escherichia coli
Call ULTRA today and learn how you can create a safer, healthier environment in your home!